Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Favicon, Norfolk Bald Eagles Pictures by Duane Noblick, NX Location, Hybrid Animals, Make Instead of Buy, Great Horned Owls on Fledge Watch, White Rock Eagle Cam

Yay, my favicon is showing up now on my posts. I created and added to my template a favicon two nights ago and it has finally shown up! (A favicon is the little picture that shows up next to the address of my site when you save it as a favorite. It also shows up on the tab next to the name of my site.)

Duane Noblick took a bunch of new pictures of the Norfolk Bald Eagles over the weekend. There are pictures of both the male and female, carrying sticks, mating (probably more bonding than actual mating), and singing. You can see all of his pictures at the link provided above, or you can see a few of them along with his explanations at this link.

NX checked in on back-to-back days. Not sure what that's about. She did a lot of exploring in a day.

I found an older article about Polar Bears and Grizzly Bears mating in the wild. This has happened with bears in captivity. But scientists weren't sure if these hybrid Grolar Bears were being created in the wild. A few years ago, they found that they were. I looked for information about other hybrids and found an article, with pictures, about Ligers, Zebroids, Grolar Bears, Wholphins, Savannah Cats, Camas, Beefalo, Sheep-goats, Narwhal-beluga Hybrid, Mules and Hinnies, and Blood Parrots.

Here's an article about 7 things you can make instead of buying.

The Great Horned Owls are now on "fledge watch" -- hanging out on the railings. The below picture is from two cameras shooting from opposite ends:

Tonight I got a look at the White Rock Eagle Cam eggs:

Then, quick enough, it was back to incubating:

No comments:

Post a Comment